What is Subiaction?
Subiaction is a positive, proactive and independent team of local volunteers focussed
on enhancing Subiaco as a vibrant, thriving and attractive destination
where people want to live, work, shop and socialise.
- Activate Subiaco through events, place branding and business networking.
- Create a lively Town Centre, where everyone is welcome.
- Stimulate a thriving retail, hospitality and cultural scene.
- Be positive and proactive.
- Promote and foster Subi’s distinctive character and spirit.
- Collaborate with local businesses, community, residents and the City of Subiaco to generate mutually beneficial outcomes.
Subiaco Street Party
Take a trip around the world!
Subiaco’s biggest community event returns on Saturday, 6th April 2019, with the theme ‘Around the World’, celebrating four distinct zones from around the globe.
Check in with our concierge to be provided with a special event passport for exploring new experiences across four themed zones, including the Americas, Mediterranean, Asia and Down Under. A journey that includes pop up bars, food trucks, music, dance, performances, interactive workshops and kids activities.
Performance acts and entertainers will be announced in the coming weeks, adding to an already stellar line-up, including:
🍜 Asia & the Orient – Yaolin Kung Fu Lion Dance and the Taiko On Japanese Drumming
💃🏼 Mediterranean – Nikki and Antonietta and the Commedia Academy
🌵 The Americas – Juan Rando Dance Studio and the Kitty Cowgirls
🌭 Down Under – Richard Walley and Joel Davis.
This year’s Subiaco Street Party is presented by SUBIaction and See Subiaco, supported by City of Subiaco and Powered by Synergy. The Street Party is pet friendly, care of charity partners Dogs’ Refuge Home of WA and Cat Haven WA.
Visit https://seesubiaco.com.au/streetparty for more info!
Our Future Directions
Our vision is:
Perth’s most unique, inviting and thriving village centre, where businesses are valued and locals love to live.
Our Objectives as an organsiation are to:
- Build a strong, collaborative and proactive business community that effectively promotes all that the town centre has to offer
- Unite with local residents so they love where they live and value their local businesses by shopping, eating, drinking and playing in their town centre
- Connect with local workers where they engage with the town centre as their daily place to socialise and shop
- Create a “must see” town centre experience for tourists so that they come, spend, stay and return in the future
- Foster positive relationships with all levels of government to create mutual benefit and inspire investment in, and support for the town centre
- Provide strong governance to ensure the organisation is sustainable and effective in achieving its vision
Find out more about Subiaction in our Future Directions Strategy 2019.
Stay In Touch
Our Streets of Subi Facebook page helps locals to find out what’s happening, participate in community events and gather ideas. Click on the logo below to join the Streets of Subi Facebook page
Join the Community!
Or you can also join the closed Facebook group for Subiaction members. Click on this link if you are a member and would like access to the group.
Help Us to Make It Happen!
Subiaction is made up of volunteers who are passionate about our community spirit, activities for our local families and enabling those who live outside Subiaco to feel welcomed into our village.
Find out more about getting involved - http://www.subiaction.org.au/get-involved/.Subiaction